How to View the AppData Folder in Windows 10
How you can easily view the AppData folder in Windows 10. I’ve tried to describe all the things which are required. Check it out from below.
If you’re looking for the solution of how to view AppData folder in windows 10 then continue reading this page. We have solution for all your problems. The AppData folder or directory is the storage space which includes your Roaming folder, which normally have the critical application files and/or saves of the games. In order to view the AppData folder, you first need to un hide the folder options from control panel.
Details About AppData & Roaming
Roaming folders are important and useful because they can be used and signed with other computers on a same network. If many pcs are connected to your home network Synchronization of your roaming folder will allow access to commonly shared application data for example bookmarks or game saves. You don’t need to touch these folders generally but there are some local folders that usually contains files that are associated with your current PC which cannot be moved without breaking into something.
There are lot of queries about how to find AppData folder in windows 10, or how to open AppData windows 10 or where is AppData windows 10. So we at filedossier are giving you some instruction on how you can get access to to AppData on windows 10.
Steps to View AppData folder in windows 7
Follow these step to view the AppData folder in windows 10
Un hide AppData
- Open the drive where your Windows Operating System is installed. Normally is drive C for most of the people.
- Now go to the directory or folder C:\Users
- Open the folder with your username e.g. John Snow, Rock, Jon, Alex etc. (or whatever you called your PC). If you don’t know about user name kindly click on start button and look on the top.
- Then, you simply have to switch to View tab at the very top of the menus and tick the option Show Hidden items as shown in the picture. It will show your desired folder.
Solution for those who still can’t find the AppData folder
Here are some advance solution for to un hide the AppData folders which includes removing some option like view form your system hard drive. This trick to show AppData is mainly for those who are familiar with the use of command prompts. Here are some step to show AppData easily.
WARNING NOTE: Kindly proceed at your own risk. Carefully enter the commands because if the commands were entered incorrectly it could damage the files in your hard drive.
- Open a command prompt by using command CMD
- Enter the command attrib -s -h C:\Users\myusername\AppData
- The command would possible remove any kind of attributes that have been set on this folder which could hide the folder.
Now the folder should be greyed out.
So, you must give it a try but keep this in mind this solution to view AppData folder in windows 10 is critical. This solution includes command. We hope this solution give your answers about where is AppData and where to find AppData in windows 10. We have many other categories kindly visit the website to explore and download free software.